Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
That 3d thing
Marcus,

You said, "If you manage to make the editor crash..." Hey. What do you mean by "IF"? When it comes to "me" and my 
machine, combined with my current coding skills, you should have said "when"... lol

This time it was not my fault... truly... all I did was download; decompress and copy... I did not even get a chance to "tinker"... lol

I am starting to think that either my machine or I maybe pseudo crash test dummies... *sigh*
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.
(05-23-2024, 07:51 PM)johnno56 Wrote: Marcus,

You said, "If you manage to make the editor crash..." Hey. What do you mean by "IF"? When it comes to "me" and my 
machine, combined with my current coding skills, you should have said "when"... lol

This time it was not my fault... truly... all I did was download; decompress and copy... I did not even get a chance to "tinker"... lol

I am starting to think that either my machine or I maybe pseudo crash test dummies... *sigh*

Right, crap, I forgot that I made some changes to the ngui library that this editor uses, my bad. Can you use the pre-compiled exe file?

I'll fix it tomorrow Smile
Or you can just put the attached version of ngui.n7 next to enginea_editor.n7. Then you should be able to compile and run the editor from ned. It'll be included in tomorrow's zip.

Attached Files
.n7   ngui.n7 (Size: 213.73 KB / Downloads: 4)
Done. But the 'float' on line 217 is still expecting a "("
(05-23-2024, 11:37 PM)johnno56 Wrote: Done. But the 'float' on line 217 is still expecting a "("

That's weird. And if you put the new ngui.n7 in N7/lib?
I re-downloaded the ngui.n7, placed in the n7/lib directory (and just to make sure), placed it in the ea_editors directory but still displayed the same error... it's a puzzler to me as well...

I just spotted your request to run the pre-compiled exe file... the ea_editor executed... the sample map loads (textures loaded as well)

Time to 'tinker'... I have read through the tutorial PDF and I am about to try my hand at creating my very first room... Interesting tile set you have going there... No offense intended... Do you have any objections for me to change/alter them? First quick question... Is there a limit to the size of the room?
(05-24-2024, 08:12 AM)johnno56 Wrote: I re-downloaded the ngui.n7, placed in the n7/lib directory (and just to make sure), placed it in the ea_editors directory but still displayed the same error... it's a puzzler to me as well...

I just spotted your request to run the pre-compiled exe file... the ea_editor executed... the sample map loads (textures loaded as well)

Time to 'tinker'... I have read through the tutorial PDF and I am about to try my hand at creating my very first room... Interesting tile set you have going there... No offense intended... Do you have any objections for me to change/alter them? First quick question... Is there a limit to the size of the room?

The ngui thing is extremely weird Smile

I gave Image Creator from Microsoft Designer one shot and used the graphics that it generated.

There's no size limit for a sector. But I imagine things could get slow with multiple large visible sectors with tons of objects (sprites and meshes). I'm struggling a lot with the speed of the logic (more than the rendering), doing collision tests is quite expensive and time consuming :/  Been close to giving up multiple times.

You can call EA_SetDebugOutput(true) before EA_Run to see the number of frames per second (and some other weird numbers).

Back to work Smile
Here's a new zip where a second part and example are included. They show you how to connect sectors with portals and add doors that can be opened and closed.

Next example, hopefully tomorrow (although I do have a pretty busy weekend), will cover sub-sectors and height differences.

Attached Files
.zip   ea_tutorial.zip (Size: 2.63 MB / Downloads: 6)
We have an operational door! Cool... Nicely done! Big Grin
(05-24-2024, 06:15 PM)Marcus Wrote: Here's a new zip where a second part and example are included. They show you how to connect sectors with portals and add doors that can be opened and closed.

Next example, hopefully tomorrow (although I do have a pretty busy weekend), will cover sub-sectors and height differences.

Thank you, I am very excited for the second part and the example.... I'll have a look at it as soon as I have an access again to my laptop. I wish all your business at work is running well too. Enjoy your weekend too.