Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"A Game Jam is Coming Up"
(05-30-2024, 10:11 AM)johnno56 Wrote: You may be right! But, back then, Google Drive, Github and Itch, did not exist... e...

Hi, in additional to these 3 companies, Dropbox is another webspace provider. It launched in 2008. Ordinary computer users have been able to store files on cloud storage 16 years ago. Maybe there were other webspace providers which were older than Dropbox. Smile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dropbox#History

'Houston founded Evenflow, Inc. in May 2007 as the company behind Dropbox, and shortly thereafter secured seed funding from Y Combinator. Dropbox was officially launched at 2008's TechCrunch Disrupt, an annual technology conference.'
I'm like johnno when it comes to this, never use any cloud services or such, just hard drives and usb sticks. I do however have all versions if n7 stored on naalaa.com Smile I have never used github.
(06-03-2024, 05:16 AM)Marcus Wrote: I'm like johnno when it comes to this, never use any cloud services or such, just hard drives and usb sticks. I do however have all versions if n7 stored on naalaa.com Smile  I have never used github.

I see.

On the other hand, modern SSD should be reliable as well. Blush
Well... About 6 months ago I had to rebuild my machine but fitted it with an SSD instead of the standard HD. The machine is WAY faster starting up (usually within 20 seconds - power on to desktop ready) and there have been no errors so far... A longer time will give a fairer test for reliability. So far the SSD has been very reliable.
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.
(06-05-2024, 06:12 AM)johnno56 Wrote: Well... About 6 months ago I had to rebuild my machine but fitted it with an SSD instead of the standard HD. The machine is WAY faster starting up (usually within 20 seconds - power on to desktop ready) and there have been no errors so far... A longer time will give a fairer test for reliability. So far the SSD has been very reliable.

SSD is really amazing! Shy
The improved speed is usually due to not having to wait for the HD's mechanical head to 'seek' and 'read' the data needed... also it uses less power than a mechanical drive...
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.
(06-09-2024, 08:39 PM)johnno56 Wrote: The improved speed is usually due to not having to wait for the HD's mechanical head to 'seek' and 'read' the data needed... also it uses less power than a mechanical drive...

Great knowledge. Thanks. Smile
Bah! Out of the six different themes, there were three I found alright and three I disliked. The three I disliked were selected Sad
(06-30-2024, 05:40 PM)Marcus Wrote: Bah! Out of the six different themes, there were three I found alright and three I disliked. The three I disliked were selected Sad

Will you try to make an entry with any of these three themes to show the advantages of NaaLaa?
(06-30-2024, 07:23 PM)luwal Wrote:
(06-30-2024, 05:40 PM)Marcus Wrote: Bah! Out of the six different themes, there were three I found alright and three I disliked. The three I disliked were selected Sad

Will you try to make an entry with any of these three themes to show the advantages of NaaLaa?

Well, I really want to make a game using the enginea library, and I had some nice and simple ideas for "Four colors" and "Machines". All about shooting stuff, of course Big Grin  But what we got was '120 seconds", "Unstable" and "Edge". I hate time preasure, so "120 seconds" is a big no. "Edge"? No ... unless the player just runs around shooting people who thinks Microsoft Edge is a good browser. "Unstable" is probably the best one, I think.