Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Robowack - N7 version
Here's an N7 version of the N5/N6 game Robowack.

[Image: robowack.jpg]

I'm using a version of the wolf3d library that has not been released yet, but it's included in the zip. The support for loading maps created with the RC Editor (n6) is not complete yet, so some parts of the code may look a bit weird.

The lines in the original source code (robowack_n6_version.txt) match those in the n7 version (robowack.n7). So if you look at line 503 in the n6 code and wonder how to do that in n7, you can simply look at line 503 in the n7 version Smile

I made some small changes to the game:
* The aspect of the window now matches that of the screen (monitor)
* Increased the field of view to 72 degrees
* Picking up a golden cross now gives you +5 health

I translated the n6 version line by line to n7, so the game does not take advantage of the "new stuff" in n7.

Attached Files
.zip   robowack.zip (Size: 13.46 MB / Downloads: 13)
Cool... Ran without error... I do not like those cannons... lol

Nicely done!

Just thought of an idea in reference to the 'mini-map'.... Not necessarily for this game.... Set up a keypress to momentarily show the location of treasures/enemies on the mini-map at the cost of health points eg: 20%

By the way, I remember seeing your youtube clip on space invaders... Do you still have that program? Always wanted to code that game... lol
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.
(11-24-2023, 10:14 PM)johnno56 Wrote: Cool... Ran without error... I do not like those cannons... lol

Nicely done!

Just thought of an idea in reference to the 'mini-map'.... Not necessarily for this game.... Set up a keypress to momentarily show the location of treasures/enemies on the mini-map at the cost of health points eg: 20%

By the way, I remember seeing your youtube clip on space invaders... Do you still have that program? Always wanted to code that game... lol

That's a very good, and kind of evil, idea! I'll see if I decide to write a proper n7 version of Robowack, else I'll probably use the idea in some other game.

I could not find the space invaders game on the backup drive, nor the super mario game that I had hoped for myself Sad
No credit for the idea... I have so few of them I figured I would give it away rather that just forgetting it as usual... lol

Space Invaders... gone... *sniff* but not forgotten... No Mario? Oh no... the beginning of the end... we are all doomed... Sad
Obviously there are four golden crosses hidden inside a wall on the last level, "Lights out", making it impossible to finish. I wonder why I put them there ...
Deviousness... Pure deviousness! Moo Ha Ha Ha....
(11-24-2023, 08:33 PM)Marcus Wrote: Here's an N7 version of the N5/N6 game Robowack.
I'm using a version of the wolf3d library that has not been released yet, but it's included in the zip. The support for loading maps created with the RC Editor (n6) is not complete yet, so some parts of the code may look a bit weird.

I simplified your source code of Robowack [ File : robowack_simplified.zip ] to allow me to learn the logic and the possibility to add more objects into the game in the future.

Here are what have been simplified ;
1)robowack (Naalaa v7)
- remove any kind of enemies
- use automatic door
- replace 'dark' with 'light' room
- reduce  1011  to 184  lines of code
- only 1 level of the game ( the goal is to find 12 crosses only )

2) map (RC_Editor v6 ... It's the first time I use this great tool )
- remove obstacles (tins)
- replace 'stone'  with 'wall' image
- replace 'net' with 'floor' image

I am still curious Smile Smile whether it can be further simplified Cool  i.e. without the need of image files ... only with simple command such as 'draw line' or 'draw rect' to display the effect of 3D rooms ...

Attached Files
.zip   robowack_simplified.zip (Size: 236.65 KB / Downloads: 2)