Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curious
It has been very quiet of late. Just curious to know if everyone is still ok?

J
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.
(09-08-2024, 05:38 AM)johnno56 Wrote: It has been very quiet of late. Just curious to know if everyone is still ok?

J

Hi Johnno56,
I am here OK  Cool

I'm exploring http://www.basic-lang.org/ 64K BASIC,  and there are many text adventure games that bring back old good memories, such as superstartrek, hamurabi, oregontrail, lunar lander etc. It would not too difficult to convert them to N7 .... I think .... have you heard some of them ?
(09-08-2024, 05:38 AM)johnno56 Wrote: It has been very quiet of late. Just curious to know if everyone is still ok?

J

Hi Johnno, I am still here. I have managed to start, and then abandon, a few projects lately when they have not  developed as I wanted them to ?.  Still enjoying using N7 though.....
(09-08-2024, 09:59 AM)1micha.elok Wrote:

J

Hi Johnno56,
I am here OK  Cool

I'm exploring http://www.basic-lang.org/ 64K BASIC,  and there are many text adventure games that bring back old good memories, such as superstartrek, hamurabi, oregontrail, lunar lander etc. It would not too difficult to convert them to N7 .... I think .... have you heard some of them ?

I have heard of and played many of those games in the past. Converting "old" Basic has been a longtime project of mine. My biggest difficulty is converting "GOTO" commands... Unfortunately, most of the old style games, for me anyway, are quite difficult to convert. Variables, arrays are pretty easy. Commands that manipulate memory (peek and poke) I do not even try... I have several "Basic's" on my system that I am always using to compare conversions, but the games/programs that use line numbers, are quite the challenge... but still fun to try...

(09-08-2024, 11:23 AM)kevin Wrote:

J

Hi Johnno, I am still here. I have managed to start, and then abandon, a few projects lately when they have not  developed as I wanted them to ?.  Still enjoying using N7 though.....

Starting and abandoning projects is something I am VERY familiar with... Coming up with new ideas for games is my biggest hurdle... I enjoy attempting to convert games from the several "Basic's" I have installed but generating the necessary ideas to create original games, for me anyway, is quite difficult... I agree... N7 is enjoyable to use...
I am more in hardware this days...LOL
(09-09-2024, 06:04 PM)aurel Wrote: I am more in hardware this days...LOL

Interesting. Are you able to tell us what you are working on? I promise that I will hardly tell anyone... lol
ahhh lot of things ...rebuilding my son PC, refixing wifi antennas
and lot of other things...
Cool...